Consumer Medicine Information
What is in this leaflet
This leaflet answers some common questions about Duromine. It does not contain all the available information. It does not take the place of talking to your doctor or pharmacist. If you need any more information about Duromine please ask your doctor or pharmacist.
All medicines have risks and benefits. Your doctor has weighed the risk of you taking Duromine against the benefits it can have for you.
If you have any concerns about taking this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep this leaflet with the medicine.
You may want to read it again.
Duromine is used to aid weight reduction in patients who are overweight or obese (BMI> > 30, or > 25 with increased morbidity risk). It is used in conjunction with a weight reduction regime (e.g. exercise and diet control).
Action of Duromine 30mg Capsule
Duromine 30mg contains phentermine as the active ingredient. Phentermine helps weight loss by causing suppression of appetite in the brain.
Duromine is only available via prescription from your doctor.
Your doctor will make a decision as to whether or not you are in need of this medication.Dose information
- The best time to take Duromine is first thing in the morning, as it can cause sleeplessness if taken at night.
- It is important that you take the dose the doctor has recommended for you. Taking more than the recommended dose will increase the side effects you experience and may not increase the effect on weight loss.
- While taking this medication, your ability to drive or operate machinery may be affected. Take caution.
- May increase the effects of alcohol. Avoid alcohol while taking this medication.
- It is also important that you tell your doctor if you have any heart conditions, stomach ulcers, or other medical conditions so that your doctor can discuss the risks and benefits of using this medication.
Common side effects
All medicines have side effects. Some side effects can be serious, but the most common ones are mild. Usually the benefits of taking a medication outweigh the associated side effects. Your doctor would have considered these side effects before starting you on Duromine.
Common side effects are those that occur in more than 1% of patients prescribed Duromine. These include:
- Irregular or fast heart beat
- Diarrhoea, vomiting
- Anxiety, nervousness, restlessness
- Feelings of extreme happiness
- Taste disturbance
- Frequent urination
- Changes in sex drive
- Skin rash
- Swelling of the face
Uncommon side effects of Duromine 30mg Capsule
Side effects which occur in less than 1% of patients given Duromine are considered uncommon. Patients do not necessarily experience any of these side effects, so do not become alarmed by this list:
- Withdrawal symptoms after ceasing duromine
- High blood pressure